Previous generations had very limited options for replacing damaged and missing teeth. Solutions like bridges and conventional dentures often didn’t provide everything patients really want – a reliable, permanent replacement for natural teeth that’s both comfortable and totally natural-looking.
Dental Implants are the modern alternative that changed everything.
What are dental implants?
Dental implants are medical-grade titanium posts that permanently anchor to your jaw. Prosthetic crowns are then placed onto the posts, giving you permanent teeth that look and feel completely natural.
The implants replace the roots of your teeth, and they are virtually immune to infection, damage, and decay. This prevents both gum disease and bone loss from continuing and allows healing and recovery to begin.
A highly trained dentist like Dr. Ruparelia can use implants to treat just about any mouth that’s missing teeth, whether it’s just one tooth, a few, or the whole set that needs replacement.
Why are dental implants the best method of tooth replacement?
Dental implants are a huge improvement over older techniques for tooth replacement.
- Dental implants give you a permanent solution. Implants are strong, durable, and designed to last a lifetime.
- You can look your best. Smile, laugh, and live with confidence. Dental implants look just like natural teeth, and they’ll help restore your natural facial structure.
- You’ll be able to eat whatever you want. Dental implants function just like real teeth so you can once again enjoy all your favorite foods.
- You’ll never be without teeth again. 95% of our patients are candidates for one-day implant procedures.
Why is it important to replace missing and damaged teeth?
If you have missing or damaged teeth, suffer from severe gum disease, or have endured trauma to the mouth, you’re a good candidate for full-mouth dental implants. If you don’t replace your teeth, you risk:
- Your smile. Missing teeth greatly affect the look of your smile. With implants, you’ll have the confidence to smile freely and laugh without hesitation once again.
- Your ability to eat what you want. Damaged or missing teeth can make enjoying some foods painful and difficult, and dentures often don’t provide enough stability for eating foods such as steak, popcorn, and nuts. With dental implants, you can eat what you want, when you want.
- Your breath. Let’s face it. Gum disease stinks in more ways than one. Once bacteria has reached your roots, it’s nearly impossible to eliminate bad breath no matter how diligent you are. A dental implant procedure will actually remove bacteria from your mouth, and your new titanium structures will prevent it from coming back.
- Your looks. When you lose healthy teeth, your jawbone begins to shrink and deteriorate. This can change the shape of your face, making you look older. Dental implants prevent continued bone loss, helping you to maintain your natural facial structure.
- Your health. Did you know that your oral health actually affects your overall health? Unhealthy levels of bacteria and tooth loss have been linked with cardiovascular health, diabetes, osteoporosis, Alzheimer’s, and more. When your dental implant procedure removes unhealthy bacteria from your mouth, it also removes unnecessary risks to your health.