By: Dr. Shreyesh Ruparela, DDS
The problems caused by missing teeth can have significant effects on an individual’s life. What used to be done in unconscious and normal ways -such as smiling, eating, and speaking – can suddenly become very challenging tasks to manage. Often times in pursuit of a quick solution to these problems, patients may choose to use a denture which has the tendency to result in more problems in the long run.
Dental implants provide effective solutions for problems caused by missing teeth, without the complications caused by a removable solution. With that being said, not everyone is comfortable with the idea of spending a few months without teeth while waiting for the implants to be fully healed. Traditional dental implants need to have a few months of healing period before they can become fully integrated with the surrounding tissue – and definitely before prosthetic teeth can be attached!!
Here at Cascades Center for Dental Health we have an amazing solution for patients suffering from major oral issues, which also bypass the old way of waiting for implant integration!!! It’s called a fixed implant supported hybrid restoration. In this office there is no waiting for implants to heal, no more wearing dentures, and no driving around to see different dentists all over town! It is a dental implant system that provides individuals with most or all of their teeth missing with fixed teeth replacements (or prosthetic teeth), which can immediately be used and enjoyed the same day that they are placed.
To name a few benefits of the fixed hybrid procedure:
• Secured and fixed teeth in just one day (extractions, implants and fixed teeth)
• Cost effective dental implant treatment
• Shorter treatment times
• Immediate Aesthetic and Functional Improvement: Implants are loaded and attached to fixed teeth restorations (or prosthetic teeth replacements) within the same day, so there is no need to wait a few months for the implants to be fully healed and integrated to the surrounding tissue. Most importantly, there is no need to go through a period spanning a few months without teeth. You can go in the morning to our office to start the treatment, and go home later during the day with a much improved (and fully functional) smile.
• Existing Bone Structure Maximized: Fixed hybrid implants are designed to fully maximize the existing jaw bone structure that may have deteriorated, which can happen when the patient has experienced untreated tooth loss for a long period of time. The design of the hybrid dental implants makes it possible for the dental implant treatment to successfully be completed in cases when jaw bone structure has deteriorated, and without the need for more complicated (and more expensive) procedures such as bone grafting, or sinus grafting.
• Long Term Success and Comfort: The angled position of the implants attached to fixed teeth restorations guarantee long-term success and comfort to the patient, especially when compared to the problems that are associated with the use of removable dentures. Additionally, as the implants are placed and attached to prosthetic teeth within a single day, the patient can look forward to less discomfort (and less embarrassment) compared to waiting for traditional dental implants to be fully healed and attached to teeth restorations.
• Cost Effective Implants Treatment: The elimination of the need for more complicated bone grafting, or sinus grafting, procedures translates to a more cost-effective treatment. A shorter treatment period, along with fewer visits to the dentist, will provide patients with more savings on the overall expenses associated with a dental implant treatment.
While this procedure is a wonderful solution for many patients, it is not the recommended course of treatment for everyone.You should consider fixed hybrids if:
• You have no teeth in your mouth
• Your current dentures are failing
• Your teeth are falling out and the remaining teeth need to be extracted
• Your teeth have severe decay and are not restorable for the long term
If you have no teeth or your denture is starting to fail, then the one day fixed hybrid system is the ideal dental implants treatment for your needs. If you would like to discuss this procedure further, and to see what it means for you, call us today to set up a meeting with myself and my team!!!